The internal audit program at UTD has developed various scholarships made possible by sponsors from the Annual Fraud Conference and the largest endowment for an internal audit program worldwide.
These scholarships were specifically established to recognize high-performing students planning to enter the fields of internal audit, IT audit and forensic accounting. The standards for the scholarship have been established with the guidance of the Center for Internal Auditing Advisory Board to recognize those who have been actively pursuing careers in internal audit.
Students must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents to be eligible for the scholarships. Other eligibility requirements can be found in the application below.
The University of Texas at Dallas
School of Management
Center for Internal Auditing Excellence
Internal Audit Education and Information Technology Audit Scholarship – Fall, 2019
This is a $1,000 to $5,000 scholarship for the Fall 2019 semester. Scholarship funds for Fall 2019 will be provided by the corporate sponsors and professional associations of the Fraud Summit. The scholarships also include: Denny Beran Excellence in Internal Auditing Scholarship (from endowment), Center for Internal Auditing Excellence- IT Audit Scholarship (from endowment), Center for Internal Auditing- High Potential Undergraduate Internal Audit Scholarship (from endowment), and the North Texas Information Systems Audit and Control Association Scholarship.
- Must be a graduate student or undergraduate fast track student planning on completing the Internal Audit program.
- Student must have completed or be enrolled in the Internal Audit class ACCT 6380 by Fall 2019.
- GPA greater than 3.2 in prior UTD coursework.
- Student must take at least six credit hours per semester and be pursuing a career in information technology audit, internal audit or forensic accounting.
- Preference will be given to those with active participation in the IIA/ISACA/ACFE Student Chapter along with strong leadership qualities and relevant work experience.
- Students must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Attributes that are evaluated: Placeability, Assistance During the Year, Participation in the Student Chapter, Conference Volunteering, Work Towards Certification, GPA/Academics, and a Written Essay.
Application MUST Include:
- The scholarship application form below, completed in full.
- One page resume attached below.
- Personal Narrative as described below.
Only COMPLETE applications received by the deadline will be considered by the selection committee. This scholarship application form is due at 11:59 pm on Friday, April 12th, 2019.