The internal audit program at UTD has developed various scholarships made possible by sponsors from the Annual Fraud Conference and the Super Conference, the largest endowment for an internal audit program worldwide.
These scholarships were specifically established to recognize high-performing students planning to enter the fields of internal audit, IT audit and forensic accounting. The standards for the scholarship have been established with the guidance of the Center for Internal Auditing Advisory Board and the Dallas IIA to recognize those who have been actively pursuing careers in internal audit.
Students must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents to be eligible for the scholarships. Other eligibility requirements can be found in the application below.
The University of Texas at Dallas
School of Management
Center for Internal Auditing Excellence
Internal Audit Education and Information Technology Audit Scholarship – Spring, 2020
This is a $1,000 to $5,000 scholarship for the Spring 2020 semester. Scholarship funds for Spring 2020 will be provided by the corporate sponsors and professional associations of the Super Conference and Fraud Summit.
- Must be a graduate student or undergraduate fast track student planning on completing the Internal Audit program.
- Student must have completed or be enrolled in the Internal Audit class ACCT 6380 by Spring 2020.
- GPA greater than 3.0 in prior UTD coursework.
- Student must take at least six credit hours per semester and be pursuing a career in information technology audit, internal audit or forensic accounting.
- Preference will be given to those with active participation in the IIA/ISACA/ACFE Student Chapter along with strong leadership qualities and relevant work experience.
- Students must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Attributes that are evaluated: Placeability, Assistance During the Year, Participation in the Student Chapter, Conference Volunteering, Work Towards Certification, GPA/Academics, Teaching Assistantships, and a Written Essay.
Application MUST Include:
- The scholarship application form below, completed in full.
- One page resume attached below.
- Personal Narrative as described below.
Only COMPLETE applications received by the deadline will be considered by the selection committee. This scholarship application form is due at 11:59 pm on Friday, December 6th, 2019.